We have some projects/products using embedded Linux and engineers make it as X-Linux. It is for our customers need embedded Linux to start their development. X-Linux is maintained and improved since 2002. Bugs are fixed and customers can use it as their Linux application without embedded Linux platform setup. Because it does not provide full documents and tool-chain, developers needs to modify it manually.
X-Linux Feature List
- Support Vortex86SX/DX/MX series.
- Only needs 10M bytes storage space.
- Only need 10 seconds to boot on Vortex86SX/DX/MX series after POST.
- Support EXT2/EXT3 filesystem.
- Working with read-only filesystem (using tmpfs to reduce writing Flash storage).
- Support serial console for device without VGA.
- Include FTP, TELNET and WWW server.
- Support DHCP client.
- Support NFS.
- Support SSH.
- Support USB mass storage and keyboard/mouse.
- Support NTP client.
What's New on X-Linux 5.7
- PPP is removed.
- Add install scripts.
- Using FTP/Telnet/HTTP server in BusyBox.
- Update BusyBox to 1.16.1.
- Fix frame buffer bug.
- 2010-04-23: add /etc/mtab to fix bug about mke2fs.
- 2010-04-28: add XGI Z9s frame buffer driver for boards with LCD panel.
X-Linux Release 5.7 Environment Overview
Download and Installation
X-Linux has installation scripts to install itself onto RAM disk, USB mass storage or IDE device. Download X-Linux RAM disk image from web site and make a bootable USB to boot into DOS (or, boot DOS from DOM) to run it. Here are steps to make bootable USB mass storage to install X-Linux.
For more information,
refer to X-Linux developer's manual please.
We offer free software support resource for your reference only.
Our resource might lead you to other websites.
It is to save your research time and we don't have any obligation or
responsibility to provide further support or answer questions on your application.
If you need any special assistance, please contact your account manager.
If you have problems on ICOP/DMP boards, feel free to mail to email@example.com please. We will do our best to answer your question.