Some of our customers need embedded Linux to start their development. There are too much resource about Linux and needs a lot of time to make embedded Linux. We have some projects/products using embedded Linux and our Linux programmers put it on web site. It can save money and development time for our customers about Linux application. X-Linux is maintained and improved since 2002. Bugs are fixed and customers use it as their Linux application without trouble. X-Linux does not provide full documents and friendly tools to install, but it is enough and good for most embedded Linux application.
X-Linux Feature List
- Can run on M6117D (386) and Vortex86 series with 4M bytes memory.
- Only needs 6M bytes storage space.
- Only need 10 (or less) seconds to boot on Vortex86 series from power on.
- Only need 20 (or less) seconds to boot on M6117D series from power on.
- Support MSTI Embeddisk.
- Support EXT2 filesystem.
- Working with read-only filesystem (using tmpfs to reduce writing Flash storage).
- Support serial console for device without VGA.
- Support Ethernet on M6117D and Vortex86 series.
- Include FTP, TELNET and WWW server.
- Support DHCP.
- Support PPP dial-up and access PPP dial in.
- Support NFS.
- Support Vortex86 audio.
- Support USB mass storage and keyboard/mouse.
- Support CD-ROM.
What's New on X-Linux Release 5.4
- Update BusyBox to 1.01.
- Use vsftpd 2.0.3 as FTP server.
- Add NFS V2 and V3.
- Update EXT2 filesystem tools 1.38.
- Use SysLinux boot loader.
- Add domain name resolving.
- Provide two versions for M6117D and Vortex86 series.
- glibc updated to 2.3.3.
X-Linux Release 5.4 Environment Overview
||WN Server 2.4.6
||< 6 MB
Download and Installation
We strongly recommend using Norton GHOST to restore X-Linux. If programmers have Linux knowledge, they can try to use tar.gz to restore. Or, it will need a lot of time for junior engineers on restoring X-Linux. We release X-Linux to help developers to start their development quickly. If developers waste too much time on restoring X-Linux, please order DOM or Embeddisk (http://www.icop.com.tw/products_detail.asp?ProductID=185) from ICOP with X-Linux installed. It can save a lot of time.
We recommend user using 16 MB or above MDM/DOM
(X-Linux does not support DOC)
to install our Linux ghost image.
For more information,
refer to X-Linux developer's manual please.
The default user name is "root" and password is "password".
We offer free software support resource for your reference only.
Our resource might lead you to other websites.
It is to save your research time and we don't have any obligation or
responsibility to provide further support or answer questions on your application.
If you need any special assistance, please contact your account manager.
If you have problems on ICOP/DMP boards, feel free to mail to email@example.com please. We will do our best to answer your question.