||DM&P (ALi) M6117D System-On-Chip
|Efficient, x86 architecture, low power, low heat, wide operating temperature range.
About M6117D SoC
The M6117D is a highly integrated, low voltage, single-chip implementation of
IntelTM 386SX compatible microprocessor plus ALi M1217B chipset.
The M6117D provides the following functions :
- IntelTM 386SX core
- Supports EDO DRAM controller including FP mode
- Coprocessor Interface
- ISA interface
- Peripheral Interface (includes two cascaded 8237 DMA controllers, a 74612 memory mapper, 2 cascaded 8259 interrupt controller, and a 8254 programmer counter)
- Built-in RTC
- Programmable 2 channels chip select
- Built-in PS2 Keyboard Controller and Mouse
- Built-in WATCHDOG timer
- 16-bits GPI/O via SD bus and 16-bits independent GPIO
- IDE interface
Features and Functions
- Memory Controller
- Supports EDO DRAM and Fast Page DRAM
- Supports on board memory size up to 16M bytes for 386SX or 64M bytes upgrade system using 256K, 512K, 1M, 4M or 16M SIMMs
- Supports up to 4-bank DRAM interface
- Page interleave DRAM access for FP mode
- Programmable shadow RAM from A to B segment in 128K byte and C to F segment in 32K byte unit
- Provides "RAS only" refresh or "CAS before RAS" refresh types
- Parity generation and checking
- Peripheral Interface
- Includes 2 cascaded 8237 DMA controllers
- Includes 1 74612 memory mapper
- Includes 2 cascaded 8259 interrupt controllers
- Includes 1 8254 programming counter
- ISA Interface
- Executes cycles for requests from CPU, DMA and ISA bus master
- Assembles or de-assembles data for multiple bus cycle or unmatched data width
- Generates refresh signals to ISA slots during DRAM refresh cycles
- Built-in RTC
- Internal Real Time Clock that provides 128 byte CMOS RAM
- Programmable 2 channels chip select
- Provide chip select for memory or I/O device without external address decode random logic
- Built-In PS2/AT Keyboard Controller
- Internal PS2/AT keyboard controller and mouse
- PMU interface
- Supports CPU SMM mode, SMI feature
- Supports APM control
- Provides External Suspend mode switch
- Provides four (4) system states for power saving (On, Doze, Standby, Suspend)
- Supports RTC alarm wake up control
- Expandable GPI/O signals
- Provides sixteen External power control input and output signals
- Provides sixteen independent pin for general purpose input and output signals
- Watchdog timer
- When timer times out , a system reset or NMI or IRQ happens
- IDE interface
- Provides a decoder for external IDE connection
System Block Diagram
|The DMP-1032 Engineer Computer is a standalone Vortex86 PC PCI/ISA Interface Development Testing Protector. The "Engineer Computer" is equipped with a PC system that protects its "own" system from over-voltage, rush current and shorting of interface signals during the development of your I/O card and specific custom-made hardware during your experiment in laboratory.
This device allows you to perform your PC I/O card development within a PC test platform that provides protection from faulty designs and improper soldering resulting in shorting of signals. After a fault condition, the PC system operates normally without hanging up, allowing the user to debug the faulty target I/O card without powering off and repowering the connected PC.
Web Page: http://www.engineerpc.com
Those hardware components are used by M6117D board manufacturer. We can ensure that they can function okay with M6117D SoC.
Application Based on M6117D
- Mity SoC Module
- Mity-SoC Module (65x45mm) is designed as the kernel of your own application, which equipped with the DM&P 6117D CPU, on board DRAM (2/4MB), BIOS and multi I/O. The output of Mity-SoC are 64pin (2x32, pitch 2.0mm) connector x 2, one is for specific ISA bus, the other is for all the I/O which including COM, PRN, IDE , GPIO....and so on.
- Mity-Mite Module
- Mity-Mite Module is a PC-based specification bundled with BIOS, OS, and software into a single chip. We provide a Mity-Mite Module Demo Box to show text from browser, send/receive mail and accept FTP download/upload. The main program is from start-up project of DSock examples and use MakeROM to make ROM image.
- RSIP serial server is designed to connect a serial device, RS-232 or 422 or 485, to your network, which can convert protocol between PC and serial port device. This solution allows a remote PC or Terminal to monitor, configure, manage and send or receive data to/from the serial port device via the LAN. There no need of software modification when the RSIP function is required. RSIP Serial Server also supports auto-recovery and auto-connection. Which "Client" RSIP will auto-connect to "Server" RSIP without any instruction. Whenever the communication problems occur, RSIP will automatically diagnose the network status and reset to initial state.
- LT200 is a LAN terminal that can receive commands from TCP/IP. User can use LT200 to control input and output relays. Because of TCP/IP protocol used, user can control it every where from the world.
- WebCamera is a camera can be viewed from Internet. User can use browser on any PC to view it. It's also support digital input and output for security system. It is cost effective, compact size and easy to install & configuration. User can download data sheet, circuit diagram and DOS compression library from our web site.
Those resource are 100% compatible with M6117D boards. All of them are tested okay by M6117D board manufacturer.
- A small and fast boot embedded Linux running on M6117D boards. It is from ICOP Technology, Inc. They provide it form his M6117D board users.
- A MS-DOS compatible DOS.
- DOS Socket Library
- DSock is a TCP/IP library for DOS real mode library. It provides simple C functions for programmer to write Internet applications. We also provide Internet examples using DSock: BOOTP/DHCP, FTP server, SMTP client/server, HTTP server, TELNET server, Talk client/server, etc.
- Graphic LCM DOS Library
- DOS Graphic LCM library support M6117D SoC. It's for large memory model under DOS
- Serial Port DOS Library
- SerPort DOS library supports 4 serial ports and interrupt-driven communication. It provides simple C functions and save a lot of development time for programmer. SerPort is 100% compatible with M6117D CPU. It is a DOS real mode and large memory model library.
- DOS XMS Library
- DOS XMS library is a DOS real mode and large memory model C library. Because DOS is ran under real mode, programmer only can access RAM under 1MB. The memory user can use are 640 KB, Other 384 KB are reserved for ROM BIOS and other cards. XMS library provides M6117D programmer a easy way to access RAM above 1 MB under DOS via XMS driver. For X-DOS, add "DOS=HIGH" to you CONFIG.SYS will force X-DOS to active XMS driver.
- DOS AccTimer Library
- DOS AccTimer library is for programmers who want to use precise mini-secondtimer. It will set 8254 to rate generator mode. This mode will create a short periodic output pulse with 1.1932MHz that user can use it to measure time less than 1ms.
Reference Technical Documents
If you have any inquire, please feel free to contact E-mail: email@example.com.
For more technical information, visit http://www.dmp.com.tw/tech please.
M6117D products can be found at http://www.icop.com.tw.
All trademarks appearing on this web site are registered trademark of their respective owners.
All specifications are subject to change without prior notice.